You are responsible for the following:
• Reporting to us, as soon as possible, any damage to the house or common parts of the property
• Taking reasonable care of the house, including minor repairs and keeping it reasonably clean
• Internal decoration
• Carrying out miscellaneous repairs, such as damage to glass or sinks; replacing lost or broken keys,
replacing smoke-detector batteries
• Notifying us of emergencies and allowing access
• Taking reasonable care to ensure water pipes do not freeze, particularly if you are leaving the property unoccupied
• Arranging home contents insurance for your belongings. We can give you details on some of the options that are available.
• Asking permission before making any alterations
These lists are not exhaustive. Please phone us and ask if you are uncertain.
Repairs you will be charged for
There are some repairs that you will have to pay for. We call these rechargeable repairs. Rechargeable repairs include:
• Repairs to damage that has been caused deliberately by you, your relatives or visitors;
• Call outs to fix TV signal problems if it is found that the fault is with your own equipment or leads;
• Call outs to emergency services when you do not give access;
• Repairs caused by a fault due to your fixtures, fittings, or installations;
• When you repeatedly fail to give access after making an arrangement to do so;
• Repairs to items installed by you which are your responsibility;
• Gaining access to the property where you have lost your keys;
• End of tenancy repairs where you fail to leave the property in an acceptable condition and to hand in 2 sets of keys.
If you are unsure if your repair falls into one of the above categories please contact us on 01475 807001.