Following updated government advice, the Association will reduce their repairs service from 6th January 2021 to emergency repairs only. This will remain in place until government restrictions are eased.
For information, Greenock has been placed in Tier 4 meaning that home visits by contractors should only be for essential services and that tradespeople should only go into a house in a level 4 area to carry out or deliver essential works for example:
- to carry out utility (electricity, gas, water, telephone, broadband) safety checks, repairs, maintenance and installations
- to carry out repairs and maintenance that would otherwise threaten the household’s health and safety
- to deliver goods or shopping
- to deliver, install or repair key household furniture and appliances such as washing machines, fridges and cookers
- to support a home move, for example furniture removal
Please do not report any non-emergency repairs to us from the 6th January 2021. We will update our website to advise when our full repairs service is available again.